Are you an experienced and adventurous software developer that values quality and craft? Do you feel at home with backend engineering, but have familiarity across the entire stack? Are you interested in helping us build a Medical platform? Do you enjoy the flexibility of a fully remote position?
If you answered YES! to these questions, read on!
Who we are
Reverence is an early-stage technology company setting a new standard for home-based healthcare. We aim to improve the clinical effectiveness and financial sustainability of care models. Following a recent $9.5M fundraise, we acquired a unique shift management engine as a key building block of our product. By pairing our technology with a culture that celebrates the heroism of caregivers, we will improve the day-to-day realities of families and home healthcare workers.
We are a remote-first company. As much as possible, we use strategies and tools that help us to work asynchronously and remain flexible about when and where we get stuff done. For those who work in NYC or would like to visit, we have an office in Grand Central Tech on Madison Ave.
Our ideal candidate:
- Must have a solid understanding or experience of software engineering best practices
- A team player who wants to partner and work with all parts of the business, from marketing/sales/operations to product to (of course) engineering.
- Experience in Full Stack development with a heavier backend focus
- Serious about data driven design, efficiency, and scale
- Has strong unit test and debugging skills
- Experience with Agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) software development
- Experience working with python / react / react native
- Prior experience with HIPAA/GDPR/PCI or similar security practices.
Things you’ll do
- Make key contributions to the design and development of a backend architecture that flexes and grows with the needs of the business.
- Implement ops strategies and tools that allow us to move quickly and focus on the product.
- Partner with frontend developers to serve the needs of the web and mobile clients.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Take ownership and responsibility for the services you work on. (this includes making sure platform is fully supported)
- Integrate with customer APIs and outside services.
- Become an expert on the secure handling of sensitive healthcare data (PHI).
- Collaborate with other engineers and product managers to ensure that the purpose, intent, and execution plan for our work are clear.
- Experiment with processes and tools that make developers and product managers happier and more productive.
- Engage in a vibrant remote work environment through writing and other asynchronous modes of communication.
- Foster a culture of growth by actively participating in group learning and by sharing individual explorations.
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- A team player who can work with and in partnership with people on all sides of the business
- Experience working with cloud technologies, AWS preferred
- A strong partner to organizational stakeholders - seeks to understand the problems and opportunities of the business and orienting teams and processes to solve them
Our tech stack includes
- Elixir / Python / React / React Native (Android, iOS)
- Postgres / GraphQL / FHIR
- AWS / Docker / Kubernetes
What we provide
- Competitive compensation. The U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $110,000 to $165,000 USD. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all U.S. locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. In addition to salary, you will also be eligible for equity and our benefits package.
- Equity options
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive health benefits
- Home office support
- Commitment to investing in your professional growth
- An office in New York City for visitors and local employees
- Recurring team lunches for all employees
- Paid sabbatical after 5 years
At Reverence Care, we embrace diversity and are committed to building a team representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please let us know.